dinsdag 2 juni 2009

On the menu...

Doesn't every parent loves to see his/her children eat vegetables?
No big problems here with veggies and my kids but here is a real favorite:
Dish of Minced Meat with Mashed Carrots

for 4 persons:
1 kg carrots
1 kg potatoes
bouillon
milk
nutmeg, majoram
sugar

Peel and cube potatoes and carrots.
-kids love to help on this one, and gobble up the little dices-
Boil in the bouillon till the potatoes and carrots turn tender.
Mash the vegetables, with milk, pepper, salt, nutmeg and majoram.
You can add a little sugar.

750g minced meat
1 sliced onion
oil

Heat oil and fry the onion and minced meat. Braise for ca. 10 minutes.

As an adult I enjoy when food looks beautiful on my plate.
Even for an easy and simple recipe as this one!
So remove and place in an oven dish.
Heat some minutes in the oven.

I'm curious, what's your home success recipe with vegetables?
I would like to try it out!

1 opmerking:

  1. great to have some ideas for veggie dishes that are kid-friendly

    and - I wanted to let you know that I'm having another giveaway this week, so please drop by :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen